ICDE Members are invited to nominate candidates by 14 August. Elections will be held electronically in September/October 2023.
Please note: Nominations are now closed.
The term of office of three present members of the ICDE Board comes to an end on 31 December 2023. These members are:
- Institutional Member: Mark Nichols
- Institutional Member: Som Naidu
- Individual Member: Carlos Alberto P. de Oliveira
ICDE Institutional Members are eligible to nominate a candidate for one of the two Institutional Member seats.
ICDE Individual Members are eligible to nominate themselves for the Individual Member seat.
The other three members of the present ICDE Board, whose terms continue until the end of 2025, are Neil Fassina (President), Melinda Bandalaria, and Ebba Ossiannilsson.
The ICDE Nomination Committee is responsible for verifying the qualifications of potential candidates for the ICDE Board, and proposing three candidates for each available seat.
The Committee has agreed the following schedule:
- 14 August: Deadline for submitting nominations
- 19 September – 23 October: Voting period
- 6 – 10 November: Announcement of results (ICDE World Conference in Costa Rica)
The ICDE Board is responsible for making policy decisions in accordance with ICDE’s mission and constitution. It is comprised of six elected members, of whom one shall be elected by the individual members and five by the institutional members.
Nominated candidates from Institutional Members are expected to have experience from the executive leadership level. Nominated candidates from institutional members to the ICDE Board should have experience from institutional policy and decision making from their institution, with a position such as Rector, Dean, Vice-President, Board member or Head of Department.
- Candidates to the ICDE Board positions must be valid members of ICDE, i.e. nominated candidates must have no outstanding membership fees.
- The nominations must be submitted using the Institutional Candidate form and Individual Candidate form on the ICDE website. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Members are encouraged, when nominating candidates, to consider the need for diverse representation. The Nomination Committee values regional, gender, and cultural diversity.
- Nominations must be received no later than 14 August 2023.
- The voting period will start on 19 September and end on 23 October 2023. ICDE members will be invited to vote using an electronic voting system. Instructions for the voting procedure will be sent to all members.