Through the Global Advocacy Campaign, ICDE enables members to collaborate in promoting Open, Flexible and Distance Learning (OFDL) on the international stage.
What do we want to change?
ICDE members across the globe are taking a leading role in the Global Advocacy Campaign. Together, we are calling for positive change within OFDL on:
- Collaboration and quality
- Valuing student voices
- The role of technology
- Guidance for Policy Makers
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
What would we like to do?
- Empower our members to join forces and advocate together in their regions with a global ambition and global framework.
- Create the space to discuss the challenges, the needs, and the priorities of OFDL seen from the perspective of the different organizations in the region.
- Provide members basic tools for designing an advocacy campaign in their regions and adapt the content in different channels
The GAC toolkit
The following Advocacy Toolkit materials are available to ICDE members participating in the Global Advocacy Campaign. All the materials are CC-licensed by ICDE.
The ICDE Global Advocacy Campaign is growing, with task forces currently in Asia, Oceania, Latin America, North America and Europe. For potential advocacy campaigners from Africa, we encourage you to contact us!
Interested in becoming a campaigner?
ICDE encourages both institutional and individual members to join a regional task force.
Get in touch with the task force lead in your area, or contact ICDE for other ways to get involved.
Task Force Leads
UNIREDE, Latin America Task Force lead
Contact in Portuguese: Alexandre M. Dos Anjos
CALED, Latin America Task Force co-lead
Contact in Spanish: Mary Morocho
University of the Philippines Open University, Asia Task Force co-lead
Contact: Melinda dela Peña Bandalaria
Ebba Ossiannilsson, Task Force in OER lead
Chair of the ICDE OER Advocacy Committee
University of South Pacific, Oceania Task Force lead
Contact: Rajni Kaushal Chand
Globethics.net, Task Force in Ethics in Education lead
Contact: Lucy Howe Lopez
Swedish Association for Open, Flexible and Distance Learning (SADE), Nordic Task Force lead
Contact: Ebba Ossiannilsson
Not an ICDE member yet but would like to get involved in GAC?