ICDE - a global network for online, open and flexible education
The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is the leading global membership organization for open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning, and draws its membership from institutions, educational authorities, commercial actors, and individuals.
- Enables change to technology enhanced quality education across the globe.
- Advocates for access, equity and quality learning through online, open and flexible learning.
- A dynamic platform for cooperation on innovation and development, featuring key regional actors and leading experts.
- Access to thousands of higher education institutions, networks and systems.
- A key partner for UNESCO.
- Part-funded by the Government of Norway.
Benefits of membership
Network with higher education institutions, networks and systems. Develop mutually beneficial partnerships. Get involved in workshops, task forces and projects. Increase visibility in your region and internationally for your successes and challenges. Take an active role in major policy initiatives. Promote your news and events through the network. Receive discounts to ICDE events and the Quality Review service. There are many benefits for becoming a member of ICDE.
ICDE’s active role in policy
ICDE is actively engaged in helping to set the Education 2030 agenda - ‘Towards inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning for all’. Together with UNESCO, ICDE has organized policy forums in Bali and Paris. ICDE also organized the policy forum in Pretoria, together with UNESCO, Commonwealth of Learning and Open Education Consortium. The Pretoria Message focused on the regional perspective. Access the Pretoria Message, and learn more about ICDE taking an active role in policy.