NordFlexOn is a Nordic network for Open, Flexible and Distance Learning (OFDL), established by ICDE in 2019.
Through knowledge exchange, networking and project coordination, the network aims to:
- Identify potential and current challenges for the uptake and development of OFDL in the Nordic region
- Advocate for quality OFDL in Nordic countries and beyond
- Facilitate cross-country collaboration and disseminate practice-based and research-based knowledge on OFDL across the Nordic region
The network is open and free to join for all relevant individuals and associations in the Nordic countries Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Iceland and Norway, and autonomous territories of the Faroe Islands and Greenland, and the autonomous region of Åland.
Network country leads
- Jørgen Grubbe (DK)
- Kaisa Honkonen (FI)
- Solveig Jakobsdottir (IS)
- Ebba Køber – FUN (NO)
- Ebba Ossiannilsson – SADE (SE)
- John Dalsgarö (FO)
Professionals from digital schools, universities and other educational institutions decided, at a meeting in Lillehammer 13 April 2019, to establish a Nordic network for OFDL. The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) volunteered to host NordFlexOn for an initial period of four years 2019 – 2023.
The NordFlexOn network initiative was approved by the national associations in the OFDL field. It was agreed that network members ought to have a connection with their national OFDL organization and/or with ICDE.
The development of the network was paused due to the C19 pandemic. Now the occasion has come to revitalize NordFlexOn and utilise it to launch a Nordic Taskforce as part of the ICDE Global Advocacy Campaign for OFDL.
Want to get involved?
Contact us to register your interest in NordFlexOn.