All Institutional members acknowledge their right to:
- Vote in ICDE elections
- Seek membership services from the ICDE Secretariat
- Institutional privileges at ICDE conferences and events, including discounts
As well as their responsibility to:
- Inform the ICDE Secretariat of any contact information changes and share updates on current projects and initiatives in the field of Open, Flexible and Distance Learning
- Pay the annual membership fee within the given deadline
- Notify the ICDE Secretariat by 31 August if the institution decides to cancel its ICDE membership. Institutions that notify the Secretariat after 31 August will still be invoiced and required to pay the annual membership fee for the next year.
ICDE expects institutional members to commit to its values and common goals, such as the advancement of inclusive Open, Flexible and Distance Learning.
This includes the attainment of the UN Sustainable Development Goal 4: “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all” through ICDE’s partnership with UNESCO.