March 1, 2023
ICDE is inviting member institutions to submit bids to host the ICDE Leadership Summit 2024. The application deadline is 1 March 2023.
The ICDE Leadership Summit brings together educational leaders, experts and organisations who work within the Open, Flexible and Distance Learning (OFDL) community for a 2-3 day collaborative summit.
This event provides unique access to transnational and global views, and to invaluable information about policy, strategic thinking and leadership developments in open, flexible, online and distance education around the world.
After a successful hybrid Leadership Summit in South Korea in 2022, we are now looking ahead to a new and exciting summit in 2024. Candidate hosts are welcome to propose the theme for the next summit, taking into account its relevance for leadership challenges in our field.
Hosting the ICDE Leadership Summit provides a unique opportunity to explore partnerships and strategic collaboration with other institutions, agencies and associations. It also offers the possibility to participate in setting the international priorities and agenda for the future of open, flexible and distance education, in line with the ICDE Strategic Plan.
The ICDE Leadership Summit in a nutshell:
- 2-3 days leadership-focused event
- Target groups: high level leaders from education institutions, ministries, associations and private companies engaged in the field of Open, Flexible, Online and Distance Education
- 150-200+ delegates
- A relevant chosen theme addressing leadership challenges and solutions, in line with priorities of the ICDE Strategic Plan
- A broad, global representation of insights, expertise and practices from various stakeholders and institutions
- Facilitation of networking, collaboration and partnerships through a highly interactive and engaging format.
How to apply
ICDE member institutions are asked to submit their application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2023.
The application should include:
- Proposed title, theme and dates for the Summit, preferably during the last half of 2023
- A cover letter explaining the applicability of the institution for hosting the event.
- An official endorsement letter by the Head of the institution.
- A description of the institution’s ability to provide quality of organization and planning, information and marketing, and programme content, supporting the proposed theme for the summit. We suggest the following areas be addressed:
- A description of the benefits of the proposed location
- A detailed description of conference venue and rooms
- A description of hotel options
- A draft budget, including proposed delegate fees
- Potential for attracting sponsors.
Any questions regarding the Leadership Summit or the application process can be directed to email@example.com.