Call for nomination for ICDE Prize of Excellence 2019
It is time to nominate candidates for the ICDE Prize of Excellence 2019!
The ICDE Prize of Excellence was inaugurated in 1999 as the global prize of excellence in open and distance education. ICDE is pleased to announce that ICDE Prizes of Excellence will be awarded in November 2019, at the 28th ICDE World Conference in Dublin, Ireland, to deserving institutions and individuals for the highest possible excellence in the fields of open and distance education.
The ICDE Prize of Excellence will be awarded in the following areas:
1. The Institutional Prize
This prize will be awarded to an institution, an association or a network of institutions for very significant achievements or contributions to the international community of open and distance education during the past five years. This relates particularly to leadership and innovation through mainstream developments, which contribute to the continuing enhancement of open and distance education, across cultural and linguistic barriers.
2.The Individual Prize
This prize will be awarded for:
A: Very significant contributions to the field over the past five years. The prize will focus on rewarding innovation and progress in the field, as well as very significant contributions to the international community of open and distance education during the past five years.
B: The Individual Prize of Excellence may also be awarded to individuals who have shown great leadership and excellence in the work of an educational association of open and distance education at national, regional or global level over the past 5-10 years, and moved the international agenda of ODL cooperation forward in a decisive manner.
3.The Prize for Lifelong Contribution to the field.
The prize will award very significant lifelong contributions to the field. These lifelong achievements should represent significant contributions to the international community of open and distance education.
Global facilitator for inclusive, flexible, quality learning and teaching in the digital age.
Nomination procedure /checklist:
• Nominations can only be made by confirmed ICDE members for the year 2018 /2019 and can be for institutions and individuals.
• Nominations should include a statement of support pointing out the concrete grounds for the nomination.
• Nominations must be signed either by the Chief Executive of the nominating institution or by at least three Senior Academics of ICDE member institutions.
• Self-nomination of an institution or individual is not permitted.
• Websites and links about the nominated candidates should be included in the documentation.
• Nominations can be sent by post or by e-mail.
• The ICDE Executive Committee and its members may not nominate candidates, though the institutions they represent may make nominations.
• Evaluation of the nominations will be carried out by an independent international jury.
• The Jury will be appointed by the ICDE Executive Committee.
• The Jury will consist of at least 3 persons who are active contributors in the field of open and distance education and represent at least two regions of the world.
• The composition of the jury is not officially announced.
Selection of prize winners:
• The selection will be based on merit alone and according to the call for nominations.
• Prizes will be awarded only when the Jury agrees that a nominated candidate fulfills the criteria for excellence.
• No political or cultural considerations will be made.
• No member of the ICDE Executive Committee or the ICDE Board of Trustees may be eligible for the individual prize while in office.
• Nominees will be informed about the outcome in due time before the Prize ceremony.
• The Prizes will be awarded in the form of the ICDE Prize of Excellence Statuette.
• The Prizes will preferably be awarded to the Prize winners in person during an ICDE conference.
The ICDE Prize Ceremony will take place during the 28th ICDE World Conference 3-7 November 2019 in Dublin, Ireland. For an overview of past winners see: https://www.icde.org/icde-history-articles/icde-prize-of-excellence-winners
THE FINAL DATE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS IS MONDAY 19 AUGUST 2019
Nominations should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com