The ICDE Global Doctoral Consortium (GDC) is a virtual community platform for post-graduate and doctoral students that offers a network of expertise and advice from experts in the field of Open, Flexible and Distance Learning (OFDL).
The ICDE GDC offers:
- Access to a virtual community platform and valuable network
- Relevant expertise and advice from faculty and experts in the field to support their studies
- A programme of virtual activities relevant to PhD candidates
- Insights into the latest research and emerging topics within OFDL
- Pathways between scholars across institutions and borders including the sharing of resources and event opportunities
Digital community platform by HBMSU
One of our core partners collaborating on the GDC is the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU). HBMSU has developed a digital community platform on Moodle, which will function as the consortium meeting place.
This digital platform enables two-way communication, knowledge exchange and support between scholars and students, across institutions and geographical locations.
Want to join the GDC?
The Consortium is open to PhD/EdD students and candidates, and post-graduate who are pursuing research in the field of OFDL.
All participants are required to have a current ICDE membership. Not an ICDE member? Apply for ICDE student membership
For institutions and experts
All ICDE members are invited to join us as GDC partners, contribute to the GDC programme and share their expertise with GDC participants.
If you are an institution with students within the OFDL field let us know and we will fast-track them through the registration process.