"Expanding the frontiers of knowledge through open and distance learning (ODL) in changing societies" is the main theme for this year’s conference.
The AAOU conference aims to discuss the role of ODL in the changing societies, in terms of how ODL can cope with the changes and how open universities can shape the future of changing societies by expanding the frontiers of knowledge in education.
The following eight sub-themes will be explored at the event:
- New trends of ODL studies and practices
- Organizational management and institutional leadership
- Technology-enhanced teaching and learning
- Innovation in curriculum development and pedagogy
- Student support and learning communities
- Quality assurance
- Open educational resources (OER) and ODL
- Crisis and risk management
The conference will feature international keynote speakers who will present a diverse range of perspectives and insights on ODL. Professor Asha Kanwar, President of ICDE member institution the Commonwealth of Learning, will be among the high-profile keynote speakers presenting at the event.
Online registration is available on the conference website and will remain open until Sunday 30 September. Please note that on-site registrations should be avoided by all means as meals and accommodation for on-site registrants cannot be guaranteed.
3 September 2012