The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) is the leading global membership organization for open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning. Membership of ICDE is open to teaching institutions offering post-secondary and/ or adult education, research institutions, educational authorities and agencies, educational service companies, and individuals. Associate membership is also available for not-for-profit membership organizations.
- Enabling change to technology enhanced quality education across the globe.
- Advocating for access, equity and quality learning through online, open and flexible learning.
- A dynamic platform for cooperation on innovation and development, featuring key regional actors and leading experts.
- Access to thousands of higher education institutions, networks and systems.
- A key partner for UNESCO.
- Part-funded by the Government of Norway.
- Network with higher education institutions, networks and systems.
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships with other members in the network.
- Host an ICDE event; the annual Presidents’ Summit, biennial World Conference, or a regional conference.
- Join the Operational Network and be an advocate for ICDE in your region.
- Involvement in workshops, task forces and projects.
- Take an active role in major international policy initiatives.
- Visibility in your region and internationally for your successes and challenges.
- Nominate a representative of your institution as an ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Promote your news through the ICDE newsletter and member network.
- Engage a Quality Review of Student Services for your institution.
- Involvement in the governance of ICDE, including nominating and voting for the ICDE Executive Committee members and contributing to the next long-term Strategic Plan.
- Access to webinars and themed presentations by experts in online, open and flexible.
- Be eligible for nomination for the ICDE Prize of Excellence.
- Discounts to ICDE events including the annual Presidents’ Summit, biennial World Conference and regional conferences.
- Host an ICDE event and receive 85 per cent of the profit made from the event.
- Receive a discount to organize the Quality Review of Student Services for your institution.
- Free promotion of your news through the ICDE newsletter and member network.
For more details on ICDE membership and benefits please see the documents below.