Open online consultations with members in the form of focus groups were held and key external stakeholders consulted. Leaders of ICDE member organizations discussed the draft strategy and recommended priorities at the Standing Conference of Presidents (SCOP) meeting in Dubai. The ICDE Executive Committee developed the final Strategic Plan taking into consideration input from the entire process.
The document states that to advance the interests of its members - ICDE works to:
- Promote greater educational opportunity for all in the name of personal and national development.
- Further the acceptance of a wider range of learning modes.
- Drive best practice and the highest standards of educational provision.
- Support the development of new methodologies, and use of new technologies.
- Provide opportunities for professional interaction.
- Encourage and support linguistic groups and networks at national, regional and global levels.
- Promote intercultural cooperation and understanding.
The following strategic objectives have been identified for 2013-2016:
- To promote the importance of open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning in educational policy.
- To encourage quality in open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning.
- To support the development of new methodologies and technologies.
- To facilitate cooperation and networking among members.
- To strengthen ICDE membership and governance, and engage members in collaborative activity and organizational development.
22 February 2013